Sunday, April 15, 2012

Healthy "Cream Cheese"

Pin It
This week's post is a "Mommy How To Lose Weight" edition!

If you're like me, you are always trying to lose weight without excessive dieting and exercising (I do some, but I'm not committed to a gym or one-hour workouts, and I love food too much to give that up!)  And if you are also like me, then you LOVE the sweet stuff (aka desserts, sweets, candy, chocolate, etc etc etc).  Unfortunately, those sweet things don't work out so well if you need to lose weight.

So the other day I was scouring the internet for ideas, and read something about food substitutions (found here).  The idea to substitute cottage cheese for cream cheese intrigued me - because I love making cheesecake, frosting, tortilla rollups, etc with it, but don't always have it on hand; but I do usually have cottage cheese.  And if it's healthier, why not give it a try?!
So I did.  And the results were amazing!  I've only done a couple things with it so far (no cheesecakes yet), but other than it being a bit runnier, it works out wonderfully!

TIPS:
Use SMALL CURD cottage cheese.
BLEND the cottage cheese well before use.
If making a cheesecake, only use cottage cheese if you are going to bake it.
Drain the cottage cheese using cheese cloth to lessen how runny it gets.

Still don't believe it will work?  Blend it up, and give it the smell/taste test yourself!  You'll be amazed at the similarities!


No comments:

Post a Comment